Editorial – 2011 – December
Another year is passing by and we are ready to welcome a brand New Year in few days. It is time we made some New Year resolutions. So what is your New Year resolution?
Few suggestions from my side –
1. Write down your career aspirations and create a SMART goal. SMART being specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and time bound. I have found that most of the New Year resolutions are unrealistic and unattainable. Write it down and try to achieve it. Dream it and you will be able to achieve it.
2. Are suffering from the wallflower syndrome? Most of you are. Well, the salary check arrives at the end of every month. That is ok. But if you keep on being the wallflower, you are blocking your own career growth. Jump out and take initiatives in your uncomfortable area.
3. Keep yourself in a “fire brigade” mode. Be always ready for next opportunity. Keep your skills updated. Do not wait for a crisis to happen to start learning a new or improving upon your old skills. The world has just become very unpredictable. Your job is not that safe anymore. Ask yourself this question – “what did I learn in the last 12 months?” Have you just wasted another year updating facebook / twitter status and liking other friends’ funny photographs and videos? These likes and shares will never give you a boost to career.
4. Invest in yourself. Do not hesitate to buy books, join coaching classes and attend lectures/conferences related to your profession. Oh yes, you can avoid those cigarettes, colas and pizzas and save money to pay for things which can make your IQ fatter and healthier.
5. You testers – resolve to write an article for Testing Circus in 2012. Testing Circus welcomes articles from newbie and experts alike. Our editorial team will help you refine your article if required. Take out that pen/paper (mouse/keyboard) and start scribing. Make your heart proud of the tester inside you.
We thank everyone who helped us run this magazine in the last one and half years. We wish you a very happy, exciting and an eventful year ahead.
Enjoy 2012 and happy testing!
– Ajoy Kumar Singha
https://www.testingcircus.com/editorial-2011-december/Ajoy's EditorialsAnother year is passing by and we are ready to welcome a brand New Year in few days. It is time we made some New Year resolutions. So what is your New Year resolution? Few suggestions from my side – 1. Write down your career aspirations and create a SMART goal....Ajoy Kumar SinghaAjoy Kumar Singha[email protected]AdministratorAjoy is the founder and editor of Testing Circus magazine which is read and subscribed by thousands of professional testers around the world. He is associated with various testing forums such as NCR Testers Monthly Meet as a founding member. Follow Ajoy on Twitter.Testing Circus
Ajoy Kumar Singha
Latest posts by Ajoy Kumar Singha (see all)
- Project Balto – Some Key Lessons in Test Planning - February 25, 2016
- Testing Circus – December 2015 Edition - January 10, 2016
- 10 Million USD Research Project to Guarantee Bug-Free Software - January 8, 2016